About the Extra Mile Club
The Extra Mile Club (EMC) is made up of participants who raise $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run. We created the EMC to recognize and support the hard work, dedication and impressive fundraising that these participants contribute to the Walk -- they truly go the extra mile for our cause! EMC participants inspire friends, family and community members to get involved in the Walk and embody the spirit that makes AIDS Walk Boston the powerful community event that it is.
Last year, 150 EMC participants together raised over $340,000! We hope that you will join us as an EMC in 2013 and help us have our biggest Extra Mile Club yet.
EMC Participants receive special incentives and bonuses, including:
- Colorful crowns and balloons
- Invitation to the VIP Breakfast
- Express Check-In at the Hatch Shell with raucous cowbell welcome!
- Listing on www.aidswalkboston.org
- A special commemorative Extra Mile Club gift, along with our tote bag and official t-shirt
- Dedicated phone and email support
How do I qualify for the Extra Mile Club?
Any participant that raises $1,000 or more automatically becomes a member of our Extra Mile Club. Be sure to set a personal fundraising goal of $1,000 when you sign up.
For more information or help with achieving your EMC goal, please
contact Michele Mertens at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 450-1542.
How do I register for AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run?
You can register for AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run online or by phone. To register online, click here to sign up as an individual, create a team, or join a team. For an example of the registration process, please refer to our How to Register for AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run video.
To register by phone, please contact us at (617) 424-WALK (9255) and we can assist you.
How do I donate to an AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run participant, team, or general fund?
To make a donation towards an AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run participant or team you can click here or click on the red "Donate" button in the left-hand column of the website. On the Donate page you can "Search for an individual" by First or Last Name or you can "Search for a team."
Once you found the person or team you would like to donate to, you can
- Click the "Donate Now" link that appears next to their name in the search results or
- Click on their name and then click the "Donate Now" button underneath their profile photo to be taken to the proper donation form.
If you decide to make a donation to the General Fund, you can click here or click the "Search or make a general donation to AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run" link at the bottom of the Donate page.
How do I use the AIDS Walk Boston & 5K Run Fundraise with Facebook application?
Once the participant has installed the Facebook app. Users can access the app daily through their Facebook App Center. The Facebook App Center can be accessed in the left-hand column of the News Feed or by visiting facebook.com/appcenter/my (Remember, you must be logged into Facebook to access the Facebook App Center).
After clicking the "Use Now" link underneath the app name the user will be taken to their app homepage. From here they can:
- Donate their profile picture, make an unscheduled post about donations, and check their fundraising progress on the "Home" tab.
- Post why they're participating in the walk and read other participant stories by clicking the "Share Your Story Tab."
- Schedule posts to their News Feed by selecting the "Schedule Newsfeeds" tab. These posts will include a direct link to their donation form.